Thursday, March 17, 2011

Throw the Ball!

 

I never threw an illegal pitch. The only trouble is that once in a while I will throw a pitch never been seen by this generation. Satchel Page

Ninety percent of this game is half mental. Yogi Berra

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant’s life, she will choose to save the infant’s life without even considering if there is a man on base. Dave Berry

The way to get a coach to think you are in shape during spring training is to get a tan. Whitey Ford.

Bob Gibson is the luckiest pitcher I ever did see. He always pitches when the other team doesn’t score any runs. Tim McCarver

I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone else, it just doesn’t get there as fast.

We know we are better than this, but we can’t prove it. Tony Gwinn

As a nation we are dedicated to getting physically fit-and parking as close as possible to the stadium. Bill Vaughan

Slump? I ain’t in no slump. I just ain’t hitting. Yogi Berra

The baseball mania has run its course. It has no future as a professional endeavor. Cincinnati Gazette, 1879

 

No comments: