Friday, February 26, 2010

How to Become Wealthy!

It is really quite simple if you start when you are young. Save your money. I mean all of your money. Don’t buy it unless it is absolutely something you must have to survive. Start with the pennies, turn them into larger denominational coins, then bills and then put them to earning interest. Put them in a bank or savings and loan at better interest then when you have enough, buy some stock in one of the major companies such as oil, banking, industry, communications, or whichever one suits your desire. Exxon was the first company I bought, then Bank of America, Safeway, and gradually I bought into seventeen companies at which point I felt I was fully diversified. I have added to the portfolio by reinvesting all dividends. I sat goals for all my shares, first was to get ten shares, then thirty, next fifty and so on until I had a hundred of each company. Incidentally I am still not here yet so don’t get discouraged. I intend to get very close before long.

The way I picked companies was to find the one that I recognized, knew and that I thought was the best in their industry. I wasn’t always correct, for example I didn’t  buy Cargill, because I had never heard of it, yet now I wonder where I was living? Cargill is certainly now one of the top ones on my list.

No comments: