Saturday, January 30, 2010

January 14, 2010 San Diego, CA

Everything is going well in San Diego. The big waves didn’t come and the beaches are still there, maybe we are in for a great summer when summer finally comes. Of course when you turn 85 every summer is special and in just thee days that is what I will be.

I hope that this summer I will be able to go to the beach one day.

On Saturday our family will join us at the 94th Aero Squadron for dinner to celebrate my 85th birthday. we selected it because both Barbara and I enjoy going there for dinner and whenever we have something we especially want to celebrate, that is where we go. I guess it is  not only the setting, but the food is very good and dependable.

Last summer we had the pleasure of being with our family for a couple of weeks when we toured Scandinavia, great time was had by all of us. I think the best part wasn’t what we saw, but just the pleasure of being with our children again for thirteen days and to really get a chance to sit down and talk with them about of things we have wanted to discuss with them.

No comments: