Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Democraps Call for a Depression

I suppose that the Democraps hope they can convince us that we are in either a depression or a recession brought about what they refer to as "the failed policies of the Bush administration", their mantra for the past five years. In reality it was a period of sustained growth that started even before he took office and has continued up to the present time. I realize of course that if you are one of those who has lost his job, you do not wish to think it had anything to do with you and are happy to blame George Bush. In reality when a business fails it is usually because it is no longer needed, how many people feel the need of a buggy whip. Most people who lose their job will have an opportunity to find other work if they really try. In the mean time, they cut on their spending and keep as busy as they can. When I was in college I worked one summer at Sequoia as a house boy and my partner was an elderly woman who hadn't finished high school, but she had a job that paid the minimum, but came with food and housing. My point is that you may not get a second job as good as the one you lost, but eating is better than starvation. Today I saw a sign in a window in Fashion Valley that said HELP WANTED.

No comments: